The origins of our waterside location can be traced back to the 1930's when it was originally 'Gazeby's Yard'.
Shortly before World War 2, a local builder 'Stearns' was commissioned to build attractive timber and brick buildings to blend in with Itchenor's village houses to reduce the possibility of being bombed.
During the war, the Ministry of Defence commandeered the Shipyard to build Fairmile landing craft. The ML shed is (still in use today) was built with an angled floor to enable easy launching.
Under new ownership from 2003, the introduction of new innovative yacht models, was highly successful and the Southerly brand strengthened and became internationally recognised as the market leader for variable draft cruising yachts, resulting in the addition of a new factory being built on site in 2007.
Production increased 60 boats per year, making Northshore the main sail yacht manufacturer in the UK.
In recognition for such achievement, HRH, The Princess Royal opened the New Southerly Factory in 2010 which increased capacity further.
Today, there are over 2,000 people enjoying Northshore built yachts around the world.